Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mahi Mahi with Citrus-Shallot Jam and Saffron Rice

Living in Southern California we tend to be spoiled with the abundance of fresh vegetables and seafood. Today after a nice long needed run I thought something healthy and light should be on the menu for dinner. I went to my local Asian seafood and farmers market for dinner ingredients. I found Mahi Mahi steaked up for $3.99lb and some baby bok choy for $1.39lb. The Mahi was trimmed into fillets and pan roasted with salt and pepper. My youngest daughter and I made an Orange/Shallot jam and Baby Bok Choy sauted with Garlic and Olive Oil. I also dug into the pantry for some Egyptian Saffron to get the rice happy. Total for the meal was $16.00 for the four of us, and cook plus prep time was 35 min. We can all do this type of meal once in a while to cut out the fat in our diet and the dent on our bank account. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment