Sunday, August 19, 2012

Paris, an afternoon in Paris with the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre


I spend quite a bit of time in Paris throughout the year,  however most of it is spent in a dark hotel room sleeping and preparing for our next flight.  Once in a while we get to spend a few days and when we do I head into the city and simply wander.  Paris is absolutely everything you have heard.  Wonderful, Charming and Romantic.  It is very difficult to find a bad meal unless you try very hard.  My favorite times spent in Paris have been wandering the streets aimlessly with no direct agenda.     My most recent stop through Paris left me with one full afternoon to check out the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre.
 
The Louvre from the Eiffel Tower
The Louvre


Death of Cleopatra by Giovanni Pedrini Giampietino

The Metro system is very inexpensive and simple to use making it very easy to pop around Paris quickly.  If speed and efficiency is not your thing, you can opt for a gorgeous draft horse and carriage ride.



 Food is in abundance in Paris from sidewalk cafes, brasseries and bistros to a global melting pot of restaurants.  Simply walking with wanderlust as your guide will never disappoint your stomach.  After my afternoon with the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre I found a small bistro off of a side street near the Arc de Triomphe.   I settled on a special which drew me in from the sidewalk chalkboard. 

Arc de Triomphe, from the Eiffel Tower
Alas my simple yet amazing lunch of Parisian Braised Lamb Shank with French Beans and Garlic.
Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment